Show Categories
sticky closed
Tango posted Jun 20 '20 at 4:13 pm

651e7d0d4b14b

Our journey started back in 2013 when most of the serious WotLK servers begun switching to Cataclysm (due to obvious financial reasons — new expansion = new stuff to sell).
At that time, me and my best friend @Clone still loved playing the good all 3.3.5a, so the idea of creating our own little world got very attractive to us.

It was then when I got into WoW development and emulation and I started researching everything related to this subject.
With the desire to create something beautiful and reliable that would make me proud, for over a year I silently followed the development of the WoW Core, watching and learning how stuff worked, and waiting for everything to become stable enough for us to start building.
That moment came in the spring of 2014, when everything was getting solid enough for to become a reality.
However, it wasn’t until September of the same year when we really got satisfied with the way everything turned out, and after more than 140 of our own tweaks and fixes, our dream came true and Storm-WoW was live. Hooray!
For us it was a major achievement, and we couldn’t be happier with the end result. Our old friends from the former Ghost-Net Community (/salute) shared our joy and love for the game and in no time the Storm Community was born.

For a while everything went smooth, with no hate, no rage, no frustration (I know, too good to be true), it was just us playing as friends and having fun.
But things begun to go south after about 4 months when the server really started to get some traction, with an influx of new players from all over the world. It was then when we learned the hard way that with fame also comes sorrow…
In February 2015, disaster struck. The first DDoS attack hit and while we and our host managed to mitigate it and keep the server running, it wasn’t until a second attack hit (more powerful and from a different source), when our host decided to pull the plug and close our service.
So my friends, we found ourselves without a host and with our dreams shattered — an unexpected killing blow...

Why didn’t we recover?
The short answer is finances.
For us to rebuild the server it would have meant to get a powerful hosting service with DDoS protection, a service that was priced at over $150 per month.
Sadly, we couldn’t afford it…

What changed?
As time went by, we grew older (and not wiser), but our desire to retreat in our little fantasy world never faded away.
We have a lot of memories of times when we didn't have a care in the world, except going to school, playing WoW and having fun.
Those memories are here to stay, and for us it's a blessing to be able to experience them again.
So thank you Blizzard for this wonderful game, and thank you Stormers for making this journey possible.

See you all in-game! smile

sticky closed
Tango posted May 21 '20 at 1:37 am

Below you'll find a detailed list regarding Storm-WoW's available content, under development, etc.

- PvE -
Dungeons:

• Utgarde Keep: Utgarde Keep (69-72)
  • The Nexus: The Nexus (71-73)
  • Azjol-Nerub: Azjol-Nerub (72-74)
  • Azjol-Nerub: Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom (73-75)
  • Drak'Tharon Keep (74-76)
  • The Violet Hold (75-77)
  • Gundrak (76-78 )
  • Ulduar: Halls of Stone (77-78 )
  • Caverns of Time: The Culling of Stratholme (79)
  • Crusaders' Coliseum: Trial of the Champion (78-80) - Under Development
  • Ulduar: Halls of Lightning (79-80)
  • The Nexus: The Oculus (79-80)
  • Utgarde Keep: Utgarde Pinnacle (79-80)
  • Icecrown Citadel: The Forge of Souls (80)
  • Icecrown Citadel: Pit of Saron (80)
  • Icecrown Citadel: Halls of Reflection (80)

Dungeon Finder - Available

Raids:

• Naxxramas (80+)
  • The Nexus: The Eye of Eternity (80+)
  • Ulduar (80+)
  • Vault of Archavon (80+)
  • Onyxia's Lair (80+)
  • Wyrmrest Temple: The Obsidian Sanctum (80+)
  • Wyrmrest Temple: The Ruby Sanctum (80+)
  • Crusaders' Coliseum: Trial of the Crusader (80+)
  • Icecrown Citadel (80+)

- PvP -

Battlegrounds:

• Warsong Gulch (10v10)
  • Arathi Basin (15v15)
  • Eye of the Storm (15v15)
  • Alterac Valley (40v40)
  • Strand of the Ancients (40v40)
  • Isle of Conquest (40v40)

World PvP Zone:

• Wintergrasp - Under Development

Arenas:

• Nagrand Arena
  • Blade's Edge Arena
  • Ruins of Lordaeron
  • Dalaran Arena
  • The Ring of Valor - Under Development

- Classes -

• Death Knight - 99% Working
  • Druid - 99% Working
  • Hunter - 98% Working
  • Mage - 99% Working
  • Paladin - 99% Working
  • Priest - 99% Working
  • Rogue - 98% Working
  • Shaman - 99% Working
  • Warlock - 98% Working
  • Warrior - 99% Working

Misc Features:

• Transmogrifier - Available
  • Cross-Faction Battlegrounds - Enabled
  • Warden Server Guard - Implemented
  • Blizzlike Pathing - Implemented
  • Blizzlike Line of Sight - Implemented
  • Blizzlike Ore Spawns - Implemented
  • Teleport Hub (Website) - Available
  • Character Tools (Website) - Available
  • Recruit a Friend System (Website) - Available
  • Armory (Website) - Available
  • Online Store (Website) - Available

Gameplay Improvements:

• Auction Houses in Dalaran.
  • All Auction Houses are linked together.
  • Lowered the ingame mail delivery time to 30 min.
  • A forge near the anvil in Dalaran. (Happy Blacksmithing!)
  • Permanent Darkmoon Faire NPC in Shattrath, so you can exchange decks whenever you want.
  • Transmogrifier NPC in Gadgetzan and Shattrath.
  • Removed the legendary item restriction from the Transmogrifier.
  • Dungeon Reset NPC in Dalaran.
  • Gambler NPC in Dalaran.
  • Currency Exchanger NPC in Dalaran, OG, SW.
  • All fly locations are discovered and accessible.
  • Portals to Dalaran in every major city.
  • Arena teams start with a rating of 1000.

Rates:

• Kill rate: x20
  • Quest rate: x20
  • Money rate: x15
  • Honor rate: x2
  • Crafting rate: x3
  • Gathering rate: x3
  • Reputation rate: x15
  • Uncommon items: x15
  • Rare items: x50

recent by Tango  ·  May 21 '20 at 2:44 am
closed
Ark posted Jun 21 '20 at 6:49 am

During the mage quest "items of power", when using 10 whiterbark sticks to create a "bolt charged bramble" at the circle of outer binding, the animation plays, but no item is given nor can the bolt charged bramble be interacted with.

recent by Tango  ·  Oct 3 '20 at 4:37 pm
closed

Quite important quest, as you can't progress further in the chain.

The quest is The Drakkensryd,
the LOS with drakes and usability of the harpoons are incorrect, barely doable. However as a druid you can just form to them.

When you finally manage to get on a drake and kill an NPC, you don't get it registered in the quest.

Important that this quest works or is set to auto complete as you need the rep for items.

recent by Tango  ·  Oct 3 '20 at 4:33 pm
closed
Ark posted Jul 7 '20 at 12:10 am

the quest "riding the red rocket" is currently dangerous.

When you take the element 115 at venture bay and board the rocket, its supposed to end the quest if you hit the X mark on the lumber ship of the opposing faction, and its also supposed to explode if you hit anything at all, and supposed to despawn* if you leave venture bay entirely. The rocket (or torpedo, if you prefer) is also supposed to be a water vehicle only, unable to really "fly". ( SOURCE: )

In its current state, the rocket will not explode, will not finish the quest, and can be used to travel all around northrend at very high speed. With some ingenuity you can control height and use it as a flying mount, at low level, and apparently as fast as an epic mount. Also the rocket shields you with its own hp.

Issue: its not possible to use the dismount button on it. In my experience, staff intervention was the only way to leave vehicle, unless enemies manage to destroy it, or unless the fatigue zone on the corners of the world warp you out of it.

recent by Tango  ·  Oct 3 '20 at 4:32 pm
closed
kebounek posted Jul 10 '20 at 8:12 pm

Its the only quest in wotlk you are not supposted to deal more then 50% of HP boss to get boss credit in compare to support NPC , but it dont work here ... so its pretty imposible to overdmg summoned mob when he has over 5k dps ... Here ppl should get credit even when they dont do 50% boss's HP , its blizzard setting and it dont work here

recent by Tango  ·  Oct 3 '20 at 4:32 pm
Ark posted Jun 22 '20 at 6:59 am

As i found too many of these while leveling to 80, and as i dont know if the issues are known or not, i left them on a game ticket and once i ran out of space, i began to copy them here. I apologize in advance for any known issues. (Work in progress)

FEI FEI (the dog in honor hold) is not moving after you give him the treat (the quest name was literally fei fei´s treat ).

Wing Commander gryphongar (Shatter point, hellfire peninsula) isnt properly receiving its quest.

"the exorcism of colonel JUles" wont start.

(Minor) Quest - "Finding the philactery" , we are supposed to ride dusk from the camp to the point that is marked on the map, at the start of its quest it should be pointing to DUSK on the map. I was unable to ride Dusk and had to follow the map straight to the end of the quest.

(Minor) "A race against time" - Inquisitor Salrand is out of LOS, the item that salrand should be carrying was carried by one of its mobs instead.

"Aces High" - When riding the dragon, only the last command works, so i cant attack.

"Springing the trap" - When trying to light the signal fire, it aims at me instead and I am knocked down

(Minor) "Attunement to Dalaran". No matter how much i walk inside that pitt, in the center or not, i can not activate the item.

"The plume of Alystros" - I cant seem to make the bird wake up, the item activates but it wont summon the sub boss

recent by Tango  ·  Oct 3 '20 at 4:26 pm
snupeehzew posted Sep 16 '20 at 11:20 am

Salutare,
Sunt nou in comunitatea voastra. La activ am jucat pe aproape toate expansiunile, inclusiv pe servere private cum ar fi ultimate, freakz, spidernet, molten(nu warmane), activand ca si gm pentru o perioada de 2 ani pe cataclysm&pandaria pe freakz.

recent by Tango  ·  Sep 24 '20 at 3:53 pm

So most small servers this one included struggle with faction balance, and considering there is little to no pvp on this server I am curious about a few things:

Some servers implement bonuses or perks of picking the least pop.ulated faction, this may vary from spell cost to rep gain even an increase in xp*.
Has this ever been discussed among the staff?

Also, while going through the shop I noticed that account features, such as race and faction change are donation points. While I agree that servers needs donations to run and function, I do feel it could benefit to put those prices alot lower and for VPs instead. Some of us will eventually start working up some VP's from simply being loyal to the server, I feel those people might like it and it COULD help counteract the faction imbalanced.

Would like to hear your thoughts about these issues & suggestions.

Br,
Erik / Iram

recent by Tango  ·  Aug 25 '20 at 4:54 pm
closed

Hi,

When first joining the server I could not see any discord link or any way to really interact with people before actually hopping on.

It was only after I joined the server and actively looked for a guild, and then venturing in to the guild info I found an old discord link, which was expired. I strongly suggest making this a visible link on the website.

When it comes to professions I think you will find people that argue both for and against current or a new rate.
As of now I think the rate discourages people from doing it. At least considering that with all content released you can do very well without any professions at all..
An argument can be made that it will lead to no low level mats entering the AH, but as of now there is none there to start with, nor is there any high level. I think a poll or at least a discussion around this could be useful.
*Adding on a poll here to see if there is any response

Lastly, I think the devs and gms are doing a good job, keep up the good work lads.

Iram

recent by Tango  ·  Aug 18 '20 at 5:17 pm
Xujati00 posted Aug 12 '20 at 7:09 pm

I recruited a few friends on the server 1 I don't believe actually used the code but I wanted to know if you can check. The other did use it for sure and he said he has logged over 20 hours on his main alone and i still haven't received the 60 vote points the refer a friend said i would.

recent by Xujati00  ·  Aug 14 '20 at 9:40 pm
Categories
Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Previous
Next
With selected deselect topics
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft