Suggestions and Changes
Horde Or Alliance? Balancing and Faction Change

So most small servers this one included struggle with faction balance, and considering there is little to no pvp on this server I am curious about a few things:

Some servers implement bonuses or perks of picking the least pop.ulated faction, this may vary from spell cost to rep gain even an increase in xp*.
Has this ever been discussed among the staff?

Also, while going through the shop I noticed that account features, such as race and faction change are donation points. While I agree that servers needs donations to run and function, I do feel it could benefit to put those prices alot lower and for VPs instead. Some of us will eventually start working up some VP's from simply being loyal to the server, I feel those people might like it and it COULD help counteract the faction imbalanced.

Would like to hear your thoughts about these issues & suggestions.

Br,
Erik / Iram

So most small servers this one included struggle with faction balance, and considering there is little to no pvp on this server I am curious about a few things: Some servers implement bonuses or perks of picking the least pop.ulated faction, this may vary from spell cost to rep gain even an increase in xp*. Has this ever been discussed among the staff? Also, while going through the shop I noticed that account features, such as race and faction change are donation points. While I agree that servers needs donations to run and function, I do feel it could benefit to put those prices alot lower and for VPs instead. Some of us will eventually start working up some VP's from simply being loyal to the server, I feel those people might like it and it COULD help counteract the faction imbalanced. Would like to hear your thoughts about these issues & suggestions. Br, Erik / Iram

The perks and bonuses you are talking about, are not viable on an already high-rate server.
You can easily lvl to 80 within a day and get some starting gear with the increased rare drops.

The only thing we are going to start doing again, is to offer free faction changes.
We did it before and it worked out nicely.

Getting a lot of new (quality) players like yourself and others, is a tricky task because usually people stay or go where their friends are.
A few weeks ago we had a sudden burst of players coming from another server and 90% of them were so toxic it was insane. I mean it had me question their mental sanity...
But fortunately where light shines, darkness can never prevail, if you know what I mean. smile

Also, WoW is the type of game that wants you to invest a lot of time and emotion into it, a thing that we're not very fond of. That's why we try to concentrate more on the fun aspects of the game (it's a game, not a second job!), but not to that point where it all becomes garbage.

So taking this approach in community building (quality over quantity), means that it will take a longer time to grow, but with amazing benefits in the future.
I'll choose anytime to play with just 10 quality people, than with 1000 morons.

What works best for us at the moment, is the word-of-mouth type of publicity.
"Tell a friend you're having fun here and have him join you."

Still, suggestions are hugely welcomed.

The perks and bonuses you are talking about, are not viable on an already high-rate server. You can easily lvl to 80 within a day and get some starting gear with the increased rare drops. The only thing we are going to start doing again, is to offer free faction changes. We did it before and it worked out nicely. Getting a lot of new (quality) players like yourself and others, is a tricky task because usually people stay or go where their friends are. A few weeks ago we had a sudden burst of players coming from another server and 90% of them were so toxic it was insane. I mean it had me question their mental sanity... But fortunately where light shines, darkness can never prevail, if you know what I mean. ;) Also, WoW is the type of game that wants you to invest a lot of time and emotion into it, a thing that we're not very fond of. That's why we try to concentrate more on the fun aspects of the game (it's a game, not a second job!), but not to that point where it all becomes garbage. So taking this approach in community building (quality over quantity), means that it will take a longer time to grow, but with amazing benefits in the future. I'll choose anytime to play with just 10 quality people, than with 1000 morons. What works best for us at the moment, is the word-of-mouth type of publicity. "Tell a friend you're having fun here and have him join you." Still, suggestions are hugely welcomed.

The Old Orc God

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft