Bug Reports
MAGE: Glyph of Eternal Winter

When a mage uses the glyph of eternal winter to make their water elemental into a permanent pet, the new permanent pet will not behave as the other permanent pets, and will not despawn/respawn when you warp, teleport, portal, hearthstone, or even mount. This leads to wow classic behavior where your mount follows you normally as you ride. This is expected of enslaved demons, but not of glyphed water elementals, as i have experience with them in other servers. This causes an issue where the water elemental may bug due to distance, becoming impossible to bring to you, impossible to dismiss / ressumon, and impossible to control. Every time this happens, i am forced to quit the game and clean my cache to make the elemental disappear. This also led me to the inconvenience of having to remember dismissing the elemental every time i am to warp hearth or even mount.

When a mage uses the glyph of eternal winter to make their water elemental into a permanent pet, the new permanent pet will not behave as the other permanent pets, and will not despawn/respawn when you warp, teleport, portal, hearthstone, or even mount. This leads to wow classic behavior where your mount follows you normally as you ride. This is expected of enslaved demons, but not of glyphed water elementals, as i have experience with them in other servers. This causes an issue where the water elemental may bug due to distance, becoming impossible to bring to you, impossible to dismiss / ressumon, and impossible to control. Every time this happens, i am forced to quit the game and clean my cache to make the elemental disappear. This also led me to the inconvenience of having to remember dismissing the elemental every time i am to warp hearth or even mount.
edited Jun 27 '20 at 5:21 pm

Sadly as you can see this is the blizzlike behaviour.
Indeed there seems to be an issue with the minion not despawning when beeing too far behind.

Summoning @Tango

Sadly [as you can see](https://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=148315#p1912782) this is the blizzlike behaviour. Indeed there seems to be an issue with the minion not despawning when beeing too far behind. Summoning @Tango

Coin Master

Good find, Ark!

Fixed the issue with not being able to resummon the Elemental when left behind.

Good find, Ark! Fixed the issue with not being able to resummon the Elemental when left behind.

The Old Orc God

thank you again for this fix. Unlike beasts and demons, the WE was causing turmoil in POS farms and similar situations.

thank you again for this fix. Unlike beasts and demons, the WE was causing turmoil in POS farms and similar situations.
This topic is closed
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft